Thanks Ronni
It took a while but this support doc helped, plus running software update.
Cheers
Rod

Close iDVD and update to iDVD '08 (7.0.1). If the issue persists, follow the
steps below and keep your iLife '08 installation disc nearby.

Erase the following folders from your hard drive:
/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes/iDVD 1
/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes/iDVD 2
/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes/iDVD 3
/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Themes/iDVD 4

Erase the following folder from your home directory:
~/Library/Application Support/iDVD/Installed Themes
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.idvd
Note: The tilde (~) represents your home directory.

Reopen iDVD '08, create a new project and wait for the Updating themes
progress bar to complete before quitting the application again. You only
need to do this once.
To Reinstall Themes 1-4:

Insert the iLife '08 installation disc.
Open the iLife '08 installer package.
In the Installation Type window, select Customize.
Expand the iDVD checkbox and make sure iDVD Extra Content is selected.
Deselect all other checkboxes and proceed with the installation.
or
Open iDVD '08 and open a project.
Click Themes.
>From the Themes drop-down menu, choose Old Themes.
Select any of the faded-out theme thumbnails.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install all of the themes originally
erased by using Software Update or the iLife '08 installation disc.

--

Rod Blitvich  - Amy & Sam¹s Dad

 I don't have a big ego, I'm way too cool for that.