Hi Steven,

you don't appear to have a reply so far so I'll tell what I can.

Toast isn't referring to the free disk space of the DVD but hard disk space required.

Toast makes temporary files in Documents/Roxio Converted Items/.

If you have converted avi's in the past you can regain some disk space by removing
the files in Documents/Roxio Converted Items/.

I don't know if Toast is terribly accurate in it's figures it recently requested 9 gig free space when
there was actually 16 gig free.

There's also VisualHub that will convert avi's to DV or DVD but won't give you a start menu. It
doesn't seem to leave temporary files anywhere.

Cheers

Brian