On 05/02/2008, at 2:59 PM, Chris Burton wrote:

Hi everyone

My small lexmark inkjet has no driver that will work with Leopard and Lexmark havnt even got one on their list to do!

I went into Hardleys in Busselton today and they must have about 30 different machines on show. Im not sure which one as none have info on the box that they work with 10.5. Some say 10.3.x. or 10.4.x and upwards with icons of MaxOs and Universal.

If someone as experience on this can you please advise on a good reliable brand that does work with Leopard? Im looking for colour (separate inks I think) and with scanning and copying. I have a fax and I download my images direct to my MBP.

There are also a few now that work wirelessly including bluetooth!

kind regards and thanks for any help

chris

I can't speak for Lexmark, but any printer made by any of the "Big Three" (Epson, Canon, HP) should work fine. Many printer drivers released for the Mac now are CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) drivers, and the support for CUPS is supplied by Apple rather than the printer manufacturer.

I have just bought a nice new Canon MP970 Printer/Scanner on the weekend. The printer worked fine from Leopard with the supplied software out of the box, but I had to go to Canons site and download the Leopard drivers for the scanner and network support. They also had updated drivers for the printer, both Canon and CUPS varieties, although the printer worked just fine using the (10.4) drivers supplied on the CD.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913