On 11/02/2008, at 11:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Unfortunately I'd tried Bob's suggestion about Safari Enhancer before
Ronnie's warning about non compatibility with OS 10.5.1 came up.
Sorry Ronnie.  I trashed the Safari Enhancer folder but now I get
messages from some websites saying that my Safari browser is an
obsolete Internet Explorer version and they don't want to know.  Any
suggestions how to get my Safari 3.0.4 back to normal please?

Try deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist and then relaunch Safari. If this doesn't help, you can download another copy of safari from

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Be sure to delete your original copy before installing the new one.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913