Hi Rosie,

You could also try your local PC shops too as they may still have XP in stock.
I agree with Susan about choosing XP over Vista, having said that I
have not yet experienced Vista on a Mac and I haven't used VMWare
either.
I would also choose XP Pro over XP Home. I would rate XP Home as a
kind of Crippleware.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crippleware>

I use Bootcamp and Parallels but mostly the latter.
Parallels even lets me use Windows98/Protools Free.
This turned out to be tonnes easier than SheepShaver/OS9/Protools Free.
Protools Free is hardware-independent meaning I didn't have to buy
expensive audio equipment I don't need.
I just had to buy an expensive iMac ;-)

Good luck
Paul