One thing to keep in mind that no one seems to have mentioned yet is that
there are licensing issues running windows under virtual machines. As far as
I am aware only Vista Ultimate is licensed to be used inside a VM and using
any other version is the same as using a pirate copy. I am not so familiar
with the XP licensing however I would imagine that it's the same deal, ie.
Pro version only.

Adam.