On 04/06/2008, at 4:20 PM, Antony N. Lord wrote:

I used a friends PowerBook G4 on the weekend. At home I used a static IP / ethernet setup and updated it to 10.4.11.

I then went on the road and installed and used a Three mobile broadband modem (drivers downloaded before I left.)

Now I'm back and not for love nor money can I get it to work on an the ethernet network. I've removed the wireless modem device, checked all the IP settings (unchanged from before), the ethernet port is shown as connected but no browsing / seeing other machines on the network. Tried a PRAM reset without luck and new IP address.

Any thoughts people?

Cheers, Antony.

Best thing to do is create a new location in your network preferences, without the broadband modem plugged in. That way you have a fresh starting point.

Seeya

Rod