Hi Ken,

I had almost an identical occurrence about a fortnight ago. A well dressed chap of Asian decent aged about 20 came at about 5.30pm and told me Telstra had just completed maintenance in the area (Lesmurdie) and upgraded their system. Wanted me to return to Telstra. I cut him short and said I would never return to this company as I have nothing but contempt for them. I mentioned I was now on NakedADSL and very happy with iiNet. He agreed that Telstra couldn't match the plan I was on and bade me farewell.

He never mentioned that he wanted to check my lines but then again I never gave him that opportunity. Perhaps I was lucky in my ignorance and hatred for Telstra.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene