Eugene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had almost an identical occurrence about a fortnight ago. A well
> dressed chap of Asian decent aged about 20 came at about 5.30pm and
> told me Telstra had just completed maintenance in the area
> (Lesmurdie) and upgraded their system. Wanted me to return to
> Telstra.

I once got two of these within ten minutes of each other, shortly after
moving into a new house. One of them actually opened the conversation
with "Don't worry - I'm not scary!" and a creepy grin, all because I
didn't let the chain off the door.

Yeah. Whatever. They get a door in their face, just as telemarketers get
an empty line.

Lara