as a dual 2Ghz G5 I doubt we're talking an iMac...

but yes sounds like either faulty ram or logic board.

the G5 PowerMacs's ram is nice and easy to extract. take out all your RAM chips and put one back in and see if it boots and stays stable for an extended period of time, then take that one out and replace it with another stick repeat until you've had each stick in there by its self.

One of them _should_ cause the problem if it's faulty, if not it could be the logic board.

Robert Howells wrote:

You should be able to remove a piece of Ram at a time to check whether one piece is faulty ! ?

It does sound rammy.

However, if you are game AND you have the iMac that is easy to open, a few screws has the back off and a quick look will tell you if the capacitors are bloated, they should look cylindrical with a flat clean and shiny top surface. So far I have not seen bloating in the caps that have a 'K' cut in the top as opposed to an "X".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

Not sure if Apple is still happily repairing these iMacs with bloated caps.

Good luck
Paul

Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph# 61-8-6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
http://www.pbase.com/marxz

"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)

Ubi fumus, ibi fumus