I'm sure by "1 stick" there you mean 1 *pair* :o)
As the G5 uses paired memory and it has to go in like that. Putting one
stick in only will cause the machine problems straight away. :o)

So you'd have to put it in, in pairs.
If you do locate it to one pair, then you can return the pair, as of course
it was sold as that it. And depending on the warranty you should get it
swapped for a new pair.
(Hopefully it was from one of the places that offers lifetime warranty on
their RAM) :o)

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 30/7/08 8:01 PM, "Mark Secker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the G5 PowerMacs's ram is nice and easy to extract. take out all your
> RAM chips and put one back in and see if it boots and stays stable
> for an extended period of time, then take that one out and replace it
> with another stick repeat until you've had each stick in there by its
> self.

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry