The satellite images of Perth, at least in my area, are over 5 years old - I can tell from my own backyard. I moved here Jan 30 2003 & a month or so later enclosed half the backyard for my cats - the satellite photo shows no enclosure, so must be prior to March 2003.

Street view of my place is definitely taken sometime after the beginning of 2007, likely summer (either 2007 or 2007/08) from the early morning shadows.

Also found there is almost no coverage of the whole Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria, virtually one main road from Geelong to Torquay only.

And if you look at the Melbourne suburb of Reservoir, where one of my sons lives, they have covered some roads but not others; ie his house is near a T junction - the other road is covered, but not his. I can see the junction of his road & the first 2 houses, but not his house which is the 3rd in the street. Looking at the "blue lined" street map of the area, quite a few streets have been missed.

Also found the satellite photos are not always accurate in pinpointing an address. My other son lives in London, & Google Maps marks his place a whole block away from its actual location - I've stayed there 3 times & know the various features of the area, so can pick out the actual corner it's on.

BarbZ