On 15/08/2008, at 12:01 PM, Kyle Kreusch wrote:

Surprisingly it only take 25 minutes

Not So good News

"DiskWarrior has successfully built a new directory for the disk named
"Macintosh HD." The new directory cannot replace the original
directory because of a disk malfunction.

It is highly recommended that you backup all of your data from the
preview disk."

So I already lost 10 GB of data according to Disk Warrior Preview disk
Mode. So I had begun the backup process in Disk Warrior Preview disk
Mode

What is the best Data recovery software on the Mac?

Data rescue ||  gets good reports ....  go here for a good price

<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Prosoft%20Engineering/25100/>

Regards, Kyle

Which is happy as he will not lose 420GB Of Data

Careful :       You don't know what corruption might be in there   ! ?

Do you have any clue what may have caused this problem ?

Unless you can explain it do NOT trust anything on that Mac until you can
build a history of trouble free ops .

Could be dicky hard drive or power supply OR Power OFF while in the middle of a process

Bob