An update may or may not be imminent, but Safari 3.1.2 still works with paypal. Just click the "cancel" button instead of the "ok" button on the warning dialogue box and proceed as normal. According to paypal, Safari is prone to phishing attacks. Plenty of stories on the web as to whether or not that is true.