Indeed Neil
On 26/10/2008, at 2:34 pm, Neil Houghton wrote:
.

And <http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-australia12.php> educated me, since I
had no idea that Eucla had it's own WCT time zone!

Have fun!

We drove east for Christmas two years ago at the very time daylight saving started. Left Geraldton on Saturday, stayed overnight on Sunday at Mundaring, waking to clock forward an hour, left there Monday and spent the night at Norseman. The next day we wound the clock forward half an hour somewhere past Balladonia. At Border Village there are about 5 clocks showing the various time zones. Crossed the border into SA and then a bit later wound the clock forward another hour. The next day we drove from Clare to Mt Gambier then across the border into Vic to Portland. Wind the clock forward another half hour then. We were continually resetting the gps and the mobile phone times went crazy as it depended which transmitter was in range as to what times were shown.

On the way home of course, all was reversed, and we almost could see the sun rising in the west as we drove towards it in the very long drive from Border Village to Balladonia. We stayed there the night even though the sun didn't set until nearly 9! Kangaroos don't do daylight saving and we wanted to camp the night 'in the desert'!

Reg