On 01/11/2008, at 2:53 PM, Denise Williams wrote:

Hi all,

I recently downloaded some podcasts to my itunes, but they're in the movie
format. I want to sync them onto my ipod, but it's not as advanced and
doesn't have the capability to hold movies. However, it would be fine if they were just stored as audio tracks, as they are just tutorials and the
visual movie side isn't completely necessary. So is there anyway of
converting the audio component of the movie to a normal music track?

Hi Denise,

I presume you have an iPod Nano that won't play Video.
If you can put the podcast into a Music Playlist, see if it then will only play the audio on your iPod.

If this doesn't work, do you have Quicktime Pro?
 If so:
1. Select the individual episode and then control click on it and “show in finder”.
This will bring up the actual m4v file, for that episode.

2. Open this file in Quicktime Pro. by dragging and dropping the file into Quicktime Pro.

3. Go to File > “export”, and select “Sound to AIFF”. Save the AIFF file to your Desktop.

4. Drag the AIFF file into your Music Library in iTunes.

5. Check that you have Importing in iTunes Preferences set to MP3,
Then Select the AIFF file in your iTunes Library, go to Advanced (in Menu Bar) or "control click" on the AIFF file and select "Create mp3 version".

6. There will then be an AIFF & MP3 version. Remove the AIFF version from the library, and move it to the trash just leaving the mp3 version which will now sync with any device that iTunes syncs to, even if it doesn’t support video.