On 16/01/2009, at 11:24 PM, Michael bradley wrote:

Hi Guys,
I tried to upgrade my 900Mhz Dual USB ibook, from Tiger to Leopard....

You say 900 Mhz Duel USB

I cannot find details on Mactracker ... does it have a Firewire port is it intel or PPC

I have started Leopard from an external drive via Firewire on a G4 466 Mhz Digital Audio so your 900 Mhz should be speed capable although your iBook hard drive will be slower than
an external 3.5  7200rpm drive

You may not be able to Instal direct , but it may run OK if you can copy with Superduper from an external drive.

Bob

I pushed install, it restarted, then it just sat there spinning the flower...for what seemed 10 minutes and did nothing...I had to hold down the power button to crash out.

It started again fine , back into Tiger,( with the disk out).

My question is...is it just too old/ slow to do the upgrade?
should I try a clean install?

Can anyone shed some light on this?
T.I.A.

Mike