It's always fun to do some comparisons to find out Apple Australia's cut for the value that they add.

The entry Mac Pro is US$2499 which converts - using today's exchange rate (via Calculator) - to A$3581.43.

Apple Aus sell that same MacPro for A$4499. Removing GST gives $4090.

Result: an additional profit to Apple Aus of $508 in addition to Apple US's profit.

Similar profits...
        Japan (allowing 5% GST) Y17236 = A$267
        UK (allowing 15 % VAT) UKP117.6 = A$258

Hmmm