On 07/03/2009, at 2:36 PM, Paul Weaver wrote:

My wife Jill has just taken over as Leader of 1st Fremantle Cub Scouts. We were wondering if anyone has a suitable template for 'Numbers O8' so we can easily maintain membership records and Cub achievements please.

As Ronda has said, Numbers '08 will probably fall short of your needs. Numbers -09, however, is work another look. It much needed features lacking in the '08 version, such as "Categorization" of columns which allows the generation of simple reports, as well as the freezing of header rows and columns.

You might also want to investigate Bento, the new database manager from Filemaker. It lets you set up and modify very nice-looking database managers without having to know anything about databases. Bento is regarded by many as the "missing" database for iWork. It certainly feels very much like an iWork module to use.

Both programs are available as 30-day demos (<http://www.apple.com/iwork/download-trial/ > for Numbers '09, and <http://www.bentotrial.com/trial/form/entry.aspx?try=bento2_product_index_try > for Bento)

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913