You can (should) use terminal. To use sag you need to have a user account and the address of the server:

Example:
ssh -l username hostaddress

ssh -l root 192.168.56.43

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Mar 2009, at 16:43, Steven Knowles <emai...@knowles.net.au> wrote:

I'm trying help an IT guy, a Windows guy, do some testing of speeds when it comes to me accessing a particular server.

To do whatever he needs me to do, something to with ssh connections, and something about needing to redirect local ports to server, he would use Putty in the Windows world. I tried to do what he needed me to do with Apple's Terminal application, but it didn't seem t work.

I know this is all fairly vague, but can anyone suggest what application I need? Should Terminal be able to do what Putty can do, or do I need something else?

Cheers, Steven