Using Activity Monitor, can you identify what is going on on the machine?
- how much System Memory is used/available? If there is no memory
left, what is using all the memory?
- is the CPU fully utilised or not?
- is there a lot of Disk Activity going on?
- when you attempt to use the Web, are packets being sent/received in
bursts and then stalling, or being sent/received very slowly?

Activity Monitor might point you to where the slowdown is happening.

Glenn.