On 18/04/2009, at 11:33 AM, Geoffrey & Barbara Maidment wrote:

Maybe I've done something wrong but I've never found the need to format a memory stick. It seems to work fine by just plugging in and away you go.

Barb

The one time you would need to format as Mac is if you were using the Memory stick

on a Macintosh running an OS  prior to OSX

Because OSX first became available in about 1999 there is not much use for OS9 now .

Bob