On 02/05/2009, at 9:42 PM, David Moyle wrote:

Promised you an approximate speed.. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm McCallum" <doc...@westnet.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, 2 May, 2009 9:39:38 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Telstra.

I have just had a very plausible-- and pleasant  Indian salesperson at
my door and he talked me into changing from Westnet who have given me
exceptional service for some years.

So did you ask westnet to quote on the same package ?

They (Telstra) have promised me
speeds of !7 megs approx and $70 dollars less on my combined telephone/
Foxtel/internet cost as well as  reliable well supported services. I
told the salesperson I would personally remove his reproductive organs
if he did not stick to his side of the bargain.  :-)

I have a rule not  to buy anything at the front door ,

A damn good rule !  I suspect you have been sold by the silver tongue !

Bob

I hope I do not regret breaking my
rule :-(

Mac

PS   I have a 10 day cooling off period.