On 9 May 2009, at 6:06 PM, Woods Steve wrote:

On 09/05/2009, at 5:59 PM, Ian Reid wrote:

On my Intel Mac 10.5.6 I am still using 'Word X for Mac Service Release 1'. Somehow I have unintentionally removed Tools from the Menu Bar and can't recover it.

Hi Ian,

Try this:

In Word, go to
View > Toolbars > Customize Toolbars/Menus

Thanks Steve

I have difficulty locating View. It is is not on the Word menu bar, which only contains File, Edit, Format, Font, Table, Window, Work and Help. However, my ageing brain has just reminded me that I should have at least checked for updates to Word since 2003 before crying to WAMUG for help. I'll do that and see where it gets me.

Ian

Select the Menu Bar, and click on Reset

This should bring back your Tools Menu.

Hope this helps!