On 19/05/2009, at 2:10 PM, Martin Sulkowski wrote:

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if there is a template or ?? for following situation.Being cabinetmaker I do always the same jobs as kicks , cabinets , doors etc for various people.
I need
1st a  timer to keep track of the labour plus
2nd    a way to keep track of the costs .

Then I like to see the real costs per lm of cabinets or per drawer and being able to

3d compare these costs between various customers or employees .

There are several templates which come with Filemaker Pro, each of which will do part of what you want, but none which will do it all. To do it all, you will have to learn enough about Filemaker Pro to do it yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.

Alternatively, you could look at something like http://www.briefcase.net.au/ . This is an all-purpose job management system written entirely in FMP. It's a little expensive at $495, but it seems to be well-written, and costs a lot less than paying someone to develop a solution for you. You can download a 30-day trial and see it it suits.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913