On 28/05/2009, at 5:35 PM, Andrew wrote:

Hi All
Can anyone suggest a way to recover files I accidentally deleted from my WD 500GB external hard drive mounted on my 24" iMac?
I am running OSX 10.5.7.
The files were about 18GB of downloads and took ages to get. I thought I was deleting the originals from the Mac not the copies. The originals were already gone.
I have emptied the trash, but did not use "Empty Securely"
Thanks
Andrew

URGENT ... IMPORTANT

Do NOT write anything to the external drive !

Obtaim an additional external drive for recovered files
or make sure you can save recovered file on your iMac.

Obtain a copy of    DATA RESCUE ||       available here

<http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue_info.php>

Demp trial copy available .

Good Luck

Bob