Hi Dick,

> When I go to webpages with a .pdf, all I get is a blank (black) page.
> I think this might have arisen when I upgraded to OS 10.4.11 and I have
> also upgraded to Safari 3.0.4 and Adobe Reader 9.1.2.

If you need to see the PDFs on website, you can control-click on each
links, which will display a popup menu, from which you choose
'Download Linked File'. Then you can double-click the files to open
them in Adobe Reader or Preview.

Regarding the problem with Safari, the current version of Safari 3 is
3.2.3, but you say you have the older version 3.0.4. It sounds like an
issue with the Adobe Reader web plug-in, but I don't know
specifically. It is interesting that you get black blank pages instead
of white blank pages -- hopefully this will help someone identify the
solution for you.

James