Hi group

Some advice from the wise ones to the curious but ignorant please...

Now that it looks like we'll be able to buy unlocked iPhones from Apple real soon, I sense that this will be great but I don't know enough to be sure.

For example - does a sim from a bog-standard Nokia work in an iPhone? Presumably without 3G speeds?

Would I need to buy a prepaid Next - G plan to get the full benefit?

If I go to the UK for a month later on this year ...can I buy sims native to the UK network to use in an unlocked iPhone? (to avoid roaming fees)

Presumably the Wifi features work regardless of what sim is installed - the sim is only used for internet access over the mobile phone network if you're not in Wifi range - do I understand this correctly?

Grateful to hear from experienced users on their plans and advice.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Murray and Lesley Silvester
TimeTrackers
East Fremantle
Western Australia

Tel 08 9339 8078
Fax 08 9339 0519

British and Australian genealogical and historical research,
education, publishing and film-making

www.timetrackers.com.au