Hi Ronni,

Not sure if anyone answered this.

In short - No. An unlocked Phone is just that. The locked phones essentially
just have a security code that will only allow SIMs from that carrier. To
unlock it, you just have to know the code to enter. With some phones that is
easy, with others you need specific software. We used to unlock phones for
people for a small fee, or if they were switching to Vodafone we would do it
for free. In general, the prepaid phones will be locked to a carrier because
they subsidise the cost of the handset, so they want to make sure they get a
return in calls.

Cheers,
Stuart