Hi Ray,
Thanks for the advise. My main reason was only to use a device for
conversion of home vhs movies, but as you said why wouldn't you get the
Elgato to do it and have the extras on the side.

What is the difference though between the Elgato Eye tv 250 plus and the
hybrid unit?
I am assuming if I purchased a Apple Tv I could transfer the files from the
Eyetv to the Apple TV.

Kind regards

Nichole