On 06/07/2009, at 3:27 PM, Nichole Shervington wrote:

Hi folks,

Thought I might ask the list if anyone has purchased and used the Roxio easy VHS to DVD capture USB device.
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-vhs-to-dvd/mac/overview.html

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Nichole Shervington

Nichole

I am still reviewing that piece of equipment and what it actually does .

Does it actually convert from analogue TV to digital TV , or must you
get your Mac to do that

You may like to review the Elgato unit on this link,
which actually incorporates the analogue to Digital conversion instead of using the Mac

<http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/250plus/product1.en.html >

Bob

OK , so now I have found what is required .

The system requirements are listed as Dual Processor PPC Mac , or intel Mac .

<http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-vhs-to-dvd/mac/ requirements.html>

I am pretty sure the Mac is required to process the analogue TV signal to make a digital file with Video as Mpeg-2 format and the Audio as Mpeg-1 format .

A Dvd will burn quickly once the file is in that format .

If it is not in that format , but the Audio is in Dolby sound , Roxio needs to encode the whole signal
before the burn .

I could be wrong  ?????

Bob