Hi Mike, I just added a $10.00 200mb data plan to my $30.00 per month mobile plan with Telstra - I didn't want to switch to another service.

The iphone goes for wifi whenever it possibly can - its the first choice. So, if you are at home and it is choosing the 3g network first, that does seem odd.

Resetting the APN each time you go out would be a pain!

cheers, Susan.