Today I used MacUpdate desktop for the first time and updated Firefox from a
version 2 to a version 3. No passwords or book marks were transferred from
the version 2 version to the version 3 version and it seems that every trace
of the version 2 preferences and what-have-you were automatically removed.
Fortunately I have a SuperDuper back-up and a Time Machine backup, but
before I attempt use either to recover bookmarks and passwords, are there
any traps for the unwary, the trusting, or the just plain foolish, Mac user?

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS 10.5.7