Hi all

I recently had trouble getting rid of maxtor software so I could reinstall it - if you have the original installer (might be in library>receipts if you lost the disc - I did and it was!) go to the file menu of the installer where it says list files, and you get a list of what it's going to install. Track those down and bin them.

Worked for me; might help someone else

Alastair