Hello Steven,

On 25/08/2009, at 7:36 AM, Steven Knowles wrote:

Does anyone know ....

1. Whether AND / OR operators function within Mail Rules, and within the free text fields of individual conditions? I understand the 'all' or 'any' functionality, but what I'm talking about is whether the free text fields of each condition recognises AND / OR operators, or basic boolean logic? I'm guessing not, but it would really handy if so because, in my case, it would reduce the number of separate rules I need to create.

As far as I'm aware Mail rules do not support boolean expressions.
You need to set up separate rules.

2. Do Mail Rules get stored in a particular file somewhere, like a preference or text file, which I could copy across to a different Mac, and therefore not have to manually recreate the same rules on that other Mac?

You can copy the MessageRules.plist file from Home/Library/Mail to the same location on the other Mac.