On 19/09/2009, at 2:01 PM, Andrew wrote:

Do you have Time Machine?
I told Time Machine not to back up iTunes due to partition size on external hard drive.
I copied the iTunes Music folder manually to a different partition.
As far as I know it would do it and change/add when new backup is done.

Hello Andrew,

Your iTunes Music Folder is on a different partition to your Time Machine backup, so it won't be backed up by Time Machine.

I wouldn't recommend this as you are putting files and data that are not being backed up onto the Time Machine drive. I would prefer to use a drive that has no other function other than to hold backup data as your Time Machine drive.

Use another Drive to store files & data that you don't want to backup.