Hi,
I would be interested to hear as Neil suggested a comparison of the three VM systems.

I use Parallels v4 a lot - mainly for some music software (editors and wave manipulating that suits my needs), and run Windows Explorer just to test my web page changes run under Explorer.
For SL, you need to run the latest v4, and upgrades are about US$40.

I use the Parallels 'coherence' mode, which tries to make Windows applications run just work like any Mac program. In a sense they do, apart from the Window program menus are still attached to the window (rather than at the top of the screen) and the window close button in on the right (instead of the Mac on the left).

   Also found that the Parallels help desk very helpful and prompt.

The only problem I have encountered with windows applications running Parallels, is that time critical applications (like playing music) suffer especially if you are doing internet access at the same time. This is understandable, and is not really a problem to me.

I tried the pre-release versions of Win 7, and they worked well under Parallels, although I had some problems with printer drivers (sounds familiar) - but the help desk was very helpful. Also found Parallels great for playing around with versions of Linux - just out of interest to see if it is yet a serious contender to Windows or OSX.

I tried VMWare but didn't feel there was anything that made me want to change.

    The free Sun's virtual box sounds interesting.

     Cheers  ... Clyde