Hi all

I'd really appreciate advice on this iphoto 6 problem - it's a bit tricky to explain which is why I'm having no luck with mr Google...

The last few rolls I imported have disappeared - ie, blank thumbnails and the grey "!" when I try to open one. Searching for them by file number (the thumbnails still have their numbers) fails to find them anywhere.

If I import another roll from the camera it seems to go in fine, but it hasn't been stored properly in the library, just in the Imports folder (in a sub-folder called 2001). If I quit iphoto and re-launch, it says there are photos in the library that haven't been imported, would I like to import them? If I say yes, it then asks what to do with all the duplicates, as if they are in there already! If I say import them again, I get a set of working thumbnails, but if I click them I just get !s

(update - after further attempts I now have 2 identical sets of thumbnails for my latest roll which DO launch the files when clicked. But they are still in the 2001 imports folder)

any insights appreciated

thanks
alastair