Hi Clyde,

I had the same problem when I was installing VB on my MacBook. Instead
I plugged my spare Logitech keyboard (a cheap $18 one) and completed
the installation of XP Home Edition. XP works very well and I even
installed the whole Office 2007 Enterprise edition without the
slightest problem.

I do however have one thing which does not work. I cannot get XP to
recognise thumb drives plugged into a USB Hub, or for that matter any
of my two external drives one of which is FW and the other USB. There
must be way to do so but have not found it yet.

Best of luck if you try again.

Regards,

Philippe C.