2009/9/23 Clyde McLennan <cmcle...@westnet.com.au>:
>                (b) The Window size for the VM system is fixed.  Even if you
> make the underlying window bigger, the actual Win XP window stay the same
> size.   I was able to change this a bit by changing the Win XP screen
> properties.

This can be solved by installing the "Guest Additions". This is
achieved by selecting the Menu items Device -> Install Guest
Additions. This will adjust the resolution within windows when you
resize the window and also do things like clock sync'ing.

>                (c) Copy and Paste between the iMac and the VM system doesn't
> work.  Similarly, click and drag from one system to the other has no effect.

Again, copy and paste will work when you install the guest additions.
>From my experience, drag and drop is not supported between host and
guest in virtualbox.

>                (d) Have set up two shared folders (these are already shared
> in my Parallels system).  Windows Explorer did not recognise them at all
> (maybe operator error).

Nothing actually appears when you "share" a folder. You must navigate
to (within the window guest) My Network Places -> Entire Network ->
Virtualbox Shared Folders. Or if you're more experienced with mapping
network drives. Your shared folder will actually be at the address
\\VBOXSRV\<Share Name>.

>                (e) Like you, I didn't have much joy with USB sticks - didn't
> recognise them.

When you insert the USB stick. Go into the Devices -> USB Devices menu
item and make sure the device you want to attached is ticked. USB
sticks are kind of hit and miss for me. Sometimes I have to attach
them to the windows guest, remove then, and re-attach them for them to
be recognized in windows.

I hope that solves some of your issues.

--
David