Hi WAMUG

As much as I hate to "open a can of worms", I need to address this issue to
the list.
The WAMUG list is set up as a free support group for all to ask their
questions and others to offer advice and "fixes" to problems or their own
experience.

Unfortunately of late their have been large amounts of email "questions"
sent directly to people rather then going through the list, Ronni in
particular.
Although this may be seen as "just a small question", it only takes 10 of
these small questions to add up. If spending 10-15 minutes on these "small"
questions then it doesn't take long to add up to 2-3 hours alone.

Ronni (and others) gives her time and advice (and research) free to the
list, and unfortunately it's now starting to become a problem with the
number of people contacting her offlist rather then going through the list
first.
This recently became a problem and as such Ronni unsubscribed from the list
to avoid some of this problem. Luckily for us (the list), we managed to
persuade her back to the list. However, if we don't address this issue, then
we may see the same occur and not be able to persuade her back to this list
next time. I know we would hate to see this happen.

As contacting offlist can be seen as a "consulting" service, then Ronni
would be entitled to charge for this, as she does for some of her other
clients. (As does any other organisation these days. Have you tried to ring
a lawyer or accountant recently and just ask them a "little" question.
They're more then happy to answer it,..they just add it to your bill... in 6
minute increments.) :o)

I'm not trying to start a flame war or a big long thread here, and not out
to offend or upset anyone. I just need to put this to the list so people are
aware. (If it's not said, then no one is aware).

I hope all can understand and appreciate this, and would ask that this
"protocol" be followed.

Also, some may find the Guidelines and Etiquette for the list useful for
reference as well.

Thanks in advance for everyone's understanding.

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr