James,

Thanks for your reply. I will try a couple of different drivers from the list for the printer.

It might well be that the toner is damp too.

Regardless, I am thankful that you donated the printer.

regards

Kevin

hi Kevin
the printer was not in use for approx 6 month it could be that the toner has taken on moisture, another thing is (if i'm right) both cartridges are refilled it could be that the drum (in the cartridge) is of poor quality did you try to give the cartridge a shake to loosen up the tone inside & also to evenly distribute the toner inside the cartridge
may be the cartridge needs a warm place for a while to dry the toner

as i mentioned you may try any other old printer & select the driver within powerprint
sorry
cheers   James