Hi Peter,

I'm not sure that I follow the logic that suggests this is not hardware
related.

Andrew says that all is well in the new account BUT he also says the old
account is also behaving at present - so I would have thought that this
could still be an intermittent hardware problem - nothing to say it IS but
also nothing to say it isn't.

I believe the clue will come when the problem re-appears:

- if the problem re-appears only on the old account then, yes, it would
suggest that the problem is not hardware related (ie when switching from old
to new accounts and back again the problem disappears and re-appears).

- if the problem shows up on both accounts when it re-appears, then it
suggests it is not tied to one user or his preferences - so it could be
hardware related or, if software related, at a system level rather than user
level.

Well, that's my logic anyway ;)

Cheers

Neil