Thanks to Stuart, Peter and Neil
Now, with all the alternate ways to do the job I have no problem.
Cheers
John
On 20/11/2009, at 8:38 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

On 19/11/2009, at 5:48 PM, John Daniels wrote:

Hi all
What is the best way to transfer all documents from Word to Pages (my Word is old and flaky)
Cheers
John

In addition to the suggestions offered by Neil and Stuart, you ccna also go the the more "brute force" option: select any Word file (ie, one with a filename ending in ".doc") and press cmd-I (or choose File > Get Info from the Manu Bar). In the setion of the Info window, go to the section labelled ""Open with:" and choose Pages from the drop-down menu. If you then click the "Change All.." button, you will find that from then on everytime you double-click a Word document it will open in Pages instead of MS Word.

Note that if you need to send a Pages file to someone as a Word file, Pages has a "Share" menu which gives you that option.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948