On 22/11/2009, at 11:03 AM, Janis Lynn wrote:

> Dear People
>
> I recently bought a  optus USB wireless broadband, when I log on my Macbook
> fan immediately comes on revs around 6200 the whole time I am connected.  Has
> anyone else had this problem?  Also, is ok, I mean is it doing any damage?
> Also, any suggestions how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Janis,

What version is the modem? This was a problem with some of the USB Modems.
Check to see if the Modem requires a firmware update. You will need a Windows
computer to update the firmware on it.
<http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTemplate&cid=1215747787891>

If you fan is running high, means the CPU & Temp are running extremely high,
which isn't healthy for your MacBook.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard