Hi Brian,

GPU Diode normally runs between 60 to 70 C depending on usage.
Around 30-60 C is nothing to worry about, the Core 2 Duo chips are designed to
withstand over 100 C in temperature without damage

Any reading above 75 C might be cause for concern.

The 'normal' temperature depends on your processor and GPU. Every processor has
its own temperature ranges and operating limits.

Apple says your notebook works best from 50° to 95°F.

<http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html>

My MacBook Pro idles at around these readings- Temp 50-52℃, CPU 52℃, GPU Diode
60℃, GPU Heatsink 52℃.
Bootup Windows Vista Ultimate in Parallels 5 and these readings sky rocket ;-)

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard