If the light is blinking in a short, short, long sequence the backlight is bad.

sounds about right
I've put in for a look at,  at Macwrox

Regards,

Paul

On 27-Nov-2009, at 10:54 :52, gary dorn wrote:

 Evening (Argh! Morning)

 I was going to query whether it was a Benq!

 No its an Apple, that came with the Macpro

I had a Benq experience the same issues as described by Gary and Ruben! It was my personal 17" circa 2004-5. It was under warranty and I took it to a service centre but typically it didn't fault while they had it. I ended up having it in storage due to moving and when I pulled it out it didn't work. By then it would have been out of warranty so I threw it especially with the prices of LCD's going down. Even today I still don't run with an LCD at home just using the laptop screen.

 Although I wasn't aware that it could be quite a common occurrence!

 Cheers,

 David Moyle
 Systems Technician
 Apple, Windows, Cisco