I've done as David suggests.

I have pointed my own domain name to my mobileme account and use both
Sandvox and Dreamweaver.

There is a setting in MobileMe to allow you to host your own domain.

The only downside I have is that the MobileMe does not handle the MX record
of domain delegation so you have to find another email host. I use Melbourne
IT as an email provider.

Setting this up was not that straight forward as I had to reset the domain
name records myself using http://zoneedit.com/ to edit my domain record.
This is a drag, and something normally done in a flash by our hosting ISP.
Experienced users who understand what they are doing will have no problem.
It was a bit scary getting into this side of web addressing, but I did it!!
They have good help files.

currently manually load the changed files onto my iDisk:Web:Sites: folder.
I'm not too sure how to recreate those settings in Dreamweaver and I also
find opening the iDisk is quite slow to load to view the files and dependent
on connection speed etc.

I don't make many data changes via Dreamweaver, so put up with the
inconvenience of this. Maybe someone can guide me on how to set up
Dreamweave to load to the iDisk.

I find the very large storage quota terrific with no worries of maxing out
my quota. It always seems to work, no one complains they have lost my
websites through server downtime.  I already had a MobileMe account so
figured I might as well use the available services.

Hope this helps Martin.

Tim