Hi Pedro, I have the following settings in Mail on my MacBook (and other Macs):

To set up I go to Prefences, add a new email account, then choose IMAP instead
of POP3, and give my username, password and set the server setting as below.

incoming server: smtp.iinet.net.au
Outgoing server: smtp.iinet.net.au

Its no more difficult than setting up a new POP3 account, just the servers are
different.

cheers, Susan.