A happy new year to all!

I cannot create a Pages template with visible paragraph markers
(Invisibles).   Any suggestions?

I created a Pages custom template from the original Blank provided in Pages
09 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2.    A plain word processing document is wanted.
I specified narrow margins and a smaller font size.   I also specified to
Show Invisibles (selected from the toolbar View icon).    The new template
was saved with a new file name and appears in the template list OK.
However the Invisibles are not visible when the template is re-loaded and
text entered.   I can set the Invisibles to Show via the View icon but this
defeats the purpose of the custom template.

The new template is saved through the menu File > Save as Template.   I been
through several edits of this.  I've tried various options included text
placeholders with several paragraph markers displayed on screen.  I've even
saved the placeholder as Format > Advanced > Define as Placeholder Text.

Regards, Alan

Alan Smith

  iMac 21.5" Nov 2009

  Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz / 4 MB